How Old Is Old?

Derryck

How Old Is Old?

Post by Derryck »

Anonymous Question: How Old Is Old?

I presume that you are from The U.S.A, when you inferred that when a person is over 40 to 50 years of age, he/she is considered OLD!

Well, I have news for you. If you speak as an American, then I pity your contention. Because coming from another culture we see these things differently. In Guyana, and several countries on this planet, there are different views on what is considered OLD AGE.

Albeit, I personally feel that if an individual still has control of his/her mental faculties, physical ability to do the usual day to day chores, like (eating without help, cooking, attending to his or her garden, cleaning the house or garage, attending to personal effects like personal hygiene, clothing etc. Then this person is not old. Or should not be categorized as old.

There are those individuals, (no pun intended), due to certain physical disabilities are unable to perform some mental and physical activities, as they would have been doing when they were not in that circumstance.

These people should be accommodated, and not castigated as OLD!

Furthermore, when your LIBIDO is not up to par, or functioning on the scale that it did when you were years younger or in your youth. That still does not make you old either.

Maturity comes with AGE & AGING!

And as you grow older, you become more conservative in your ways of thinking and being. Being OLD as you put it, can be mis-interpreted as the inability to sexually function, or move about, or the mentally impaired!

Om Shanti.

Derryck.

http://profiles.yahoo.com/derryckgrifith
Accountable

How Old Is Old?

Post by Accountable »

Feel better?

Who was this rant aimed at? It looks like a reply but there's nothing previous.
pink princess

How Old Is Old?

Post by pink princess »

om shanti

thats a yoga word for peace i believe....... your post doesnt seem that peaceful!!

as for old..... when you start whinging about everything then your old!
life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! :-4 im engaged!! i have a fiance!! :-4

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

:-4
pink princess

How Old Is Old?

Post by pink princess »

and how old do you think i am??

as for the 'libido' bit of it...... i have gone old so i have no complaints there whatsoever! ;) :D
life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! :-4 im engaged!! i have a fiance!! :-4

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

Clint

How Old Is Old?

Post by Clint »

Derryck wrote:

Maturity comes with AGE & AGING!

And as you grow older, you become more conservative in your ways of thinking and being. Being OLD as you put it, can be mis-interpreted as the inability to sexually function, or move about, or the mentally impaired!

Om Shanti.

Derryck.

http://profiles.yahoo.com/derryckgrifith
When you get older you begin to think more conservatively because you have been around the block a few times and you know more about what the score really is. I fail to see the link between conservatism and the inability to sexually function.

I'm only old because my grandkids think I am.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
Accountable

How Old Is Old?

Post by Accountable »

pink princess wrote: and how old do you think i am??

as for the 'libido' bit of it...... i have gone old so i have no complaints there whatsoever! ;) :D
I don't care, that avatar turns me on.

:yh_doh I'm a married spud! I'm a married spud!
pink princess

How Old Is Old?

Post by pink princess »

well im old enough for you to find my avatar sexy thats for sure!! ;)
life is what you make it

Clint

How Old Is Old?

Post by Clint »

Accountable wrote: I don't care, that avatar turns me on.

:yh_doh I'm a married spud! I'm a married spud!
It looks good to me too. Pink eye is a little scary though.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
Accountable

How Old Is Old?

Post by Accountable »

um ... er ... yup
pink princess

How Old Is Old?

Post by pink princess »

if its any help in real life i dont actually have a pink eye!!

other than my eyes are fairly similar to the avatar
life is what you make it

Accountable

How Old Is Old?

Post by Accountable »

pink princess wrote: if its any help in real life i dont actually have a pink eye!!

Helps alot, actually.

and Clint doesn't really have fleas, other than the ones similar to real life. :wah:
Clint

How Old Is Old?

Post by Clint »

pink princess wrote: if its any help in real life i dont actually have a pink eye!!

Yawwwza!!!
pink princess

How Old Is Old?

Post by pink princess »

so guys......

old and libido....

how old are you guys and any comments?! ;)
life is what you make it

pink princess

How Old Is Old?

Post by pink princess »

(ickle question....... how come this post is in health and drug concerns.... despite the wanderings to discuss my eyes ;) i still dont get it!!)

(mind you if its going to head where i think its going to then i can see a health implication aspect...... see were doing public service discussing sex again, bringing the thread round to a suitable forum! ;) )
life is what you make it

Clint

How Old Is Old?

Post by Clint »

pink princess wrote: so guys......

old and libido....

how old are you guys and any comments?! ;)
I'm not saying how old I am. If I say how old I am then people will know how old my first wife is. We've been married 34 years.
pink princess

How Old Is Old?

Post by pink princess »

clint i reckon that puts you about ....... 55/57??

not that your gonna say either way so i dont really know why im still typing...... LOL

:D
life is what you make it

Clint

How Old Is Old?

Post by Clint »

pink princess wrote: clint i reckon that puts you about ....... 55/57??

not that your gonna say either way so i dont really know why im still typing...... LOL

:D
I've said it here before. I really don't have a problem saying that I'm 57.
pink princess

How Old Is Old?

Post by pink princess »

but you just said you werent gonna say how old you were!! me confused!

but i was right so..... yay!!

ill let you in on something...... your old enough to be my dad! ;) :D
life is what you make it

Jives

How Old Is Old?

Post by Jives »

flopstock wrote: I have 'heard' that in the male libido department...if you really want to be satisfied..GO OLD!

Ahem...Yes, yes that's true and I, Jives, can personally testify. I'm 45 and my wife is 46.:D
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
pink princess

How Old Is Old?

Post by pink princess »

so how old does a guy have to be for this 'go older' thing to work?!

my guys 30+ and ive no complaints whatsoever......
life is what you make it

pink princess

How Old Is Old?

Post by pink princess »

flopstock wrote: Feelin old yet clint????:wah:

except in this day and age it really does mean much to say that anymore.... i people are having kids when they are 13 years old.....

so that would make me...... 44.....
life is what you make it

chonsigirl

How Old Is Old?

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, I'm a little older then Jives. I am 50, and I am never old.

I may be:

old to my kids

old to my students

old to anyone walking by me on the street

But I am never old, you never grow old inside of your heart.
telaquapacky

How Old Is Old?

Post by telaquapacky »

Old is when you have smile lines even if you aren't smiling.
Look what the cat dragged in.
Accountable

How Old Is Old?

Post by Accountable »

telaquapacky wrote: Old is when you have smile lines even if you aren't smiling.
Then I've been old since I was a teenager! :wah:

I believe my very first post revealed my age.
pina

How Old Is Old?

Post by pina »

I'm very old, 350 dog years :wah:

Bez

How Old Is Old?

Post by Bez »

OUCH.....I've just looked in the mirror and .....I've got ......hang on i need my glasses.....smiley lines (and the rest).

I'm nearly 59 but feel wiser not older......I really get hacked off when you've got an ache or pain for some totally innocent reason and someone says "what do you expect at your age ! "

I'm a tad slower, forgetful, sleepyer etc ......but older.......Nah....

Bez :yh_yinyan
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Marie5656

How Old Is Old?

Post by Marie5656 »

Old is always 10 years older than I am now.:cool:
Marie5656

How Old Is Old?

Post by Marie5656 »

ArnoldLayne wrote: So if I'm 10 years older than you, am I old ? Please tell me your not saying I'm old :D

Depends, Arnold..do you feel old? Maybe your old is 10 years older thanyou!!
Marie5656

How Old Is Old?

Post by Marie5656 »

ArnoldLayne wrote: No I dont feel old. I am determined to reign in the years.

If there is any doubt as to how old you think you are, shut your eyes and imagine yourself at a rave and dancing like the youngsters. Now, I love the music but imagining dancing like that at my age, makes me cringe and brings be back to earth

Mind you, I am 97 :rolleyes:

I feel I will come to find you and I may think alike on many things. And I look forward to that. Shutting my eyes, I would like to picture myself hiking the grand canyon or something like that. I will let you do the dancu=ing, my friend. I am sure you have heard that LeeAnn Womack Song I hope you dance
sunny104

How Old Is Old?

Post by sunny104 »

ArnoldLayne wrote: No I dont feel old. I am determined to reign in the years.

If there is any doubt as to how old you think you are, shut your eyes and imagine yourself at a rave and dancing like the youngsters. Now, I love the music but imagining dancing like that at my age, makes me cringe and brings be back to earth

Mind you, I am 97 :rolleyes:

And he's a hot 97 year old! :D
Lon

How Old Is Old?

Post by Lon »

It's funny. I am 71 and I don't think of myself as old yet, but sometimes refer to my peer group as old people. Some of my peer group are old people. They not only look like an old person, but have all the mannerisms and habits that we associate with an old person. There are many that are 10 and 15 years my junior that act like an old person. I know my limitations (as Clint Eastwood would say) and act accordingly. Genes have much to do with how we age, but attitude and interests come in to play as well. When one of my peer group says to me "I can't stand todays music, wish they would play the good ole tunes from the 40's & 50's, they are demonstrating to me not nostalgia, but that they are living in the past. There is some great music today and from the 90's, 80's, 70's & 60's, but these poor souls ignore it. They are old in my opinion. Some of my peer group will not go to today's films because they don't make good movies like they used to they say. They are old in my opinion. And as the sage has said "I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.
nvalleyvee

How Old Is Old?

Post by nvalleyvee »

I am 50.... I still do the substitute thing. It is the end of the year.

The kids said are looking forward to finals next week. I hear (geez they are so stupid they don't think a sub hears anytjing) so I hear that the sub looks good for an old woman. WAAAHAAAA
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
CARLA

How Old Is Old?

Post by CARLA »

Well as a kid getting to 13 was old, then 21, then 30, then 40, the 50's which I'm in now and damit I want to stop now please there aren't many age groups for me to go threw now, :-5 then the lights witll be out and the party will be over..:rolleyes:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Return to “Health and Drug Concerns”