Dizziness Numbness of the Tongue

FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Have you tried another browser? The leading ones are Internet Explorer, Firefox & Chrome.

Incidentally, System Restore does NOT delete all the files you saved - only those you've installed, be they deliberately or not, which is why it can be useful. If nome form of malicious bloatware was inadvertently installed it can get rid of it. Of course there need to be Restore Points, but more often than not these are automatically generated at least once a month, unless you set it otherwise (more/less frequently, for instance), which I doubt is the case here.

If the problem is something that's happening through some combination of hotkeys, then that is not a solution, but I was initially of hte understanding that this was happening on its own & required constant reboots to fix it.

Plus it never does any harm to install a decent Anti Adware / Malware program, such as SpyBot Search & Destroy (a lovely little Freeware program) & run a scan with that once in a while. It may not have anything to do with the problem in hand, although it might, but it may well find some other problems you never realised you had & fix them for you.

Also, this may hold the solution for you...

How to disable Ctrl+Shift keyboard layout switch (for the same input language) in Windows? - Super User
spot

Post by spot »

Might I know whether you have more than one keyboard layout installed, and if so why? That would help.

Neo's answer on How to disable Ctrl+Shift keyboard layout switch (for the same input language) in Windows? - Super User strikes me as being apposite, as FourPart suggests.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

spot;1476554 wrote: Might I know whether you have more than one keyboard layout installed, and if so why? That would help.

Neo's answer on How to disable Ctrl+Shift keyboard layout switch (for the same input language) in Windows? - Super User strikes me as being apposite, as FourPart suggests.

Now there's a word you don't see very often. I like it.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

It just now happened again. So I tried a quick tap onto Windows key + Space …... It worked!!!

I've given it a quick test. To get the contraction/elision mark (') I need the last key to the right, third row up from the bottom (nudging the bottom corner of the “Enter” key). That is its position on the Swedish keyboard and that's where it should be. Now, after taping Windows key + Space, the same key will then produce the "#”, which normally is above the number “3”.

So, I can conclude that I am inadvertently pushing the Windows key + Space to cause most of my punctuation fuctions to shift to another position. Under what circumstances I am making that mistake I haven't a bloody clue but I now know that I only need to tap it again in order to restore proper fuction. Eureka!
spot

Post by spot »

Do you know why you have two keyboard layouts installed?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

spot;1476642 wrote: Do you know why you have two keyboard layouts installed?
I use 4 languages, so I need to access 4 different alphabets and spell-checkers.
spot

Post by spot »

High Threshold;1476644 wrote: I use 4 languages, so I need to access 4 different alphabets and spell-checkers.

It sounds a damned foreign notion to me, we don't do things like that where I come from.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

spot;1476647 wrote: It sounds a damned foreign notion to me, we don't do things like that where I come from.

So.........we do move in the same circles.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

spot;1476647 wrote: .... we don't do things like that where I come from.
Speak a foreign language you mean? Get away! That's the very language I use when I communicate with you and you seem to understand it alright. :wah:
spot

Post by spot »

Stands to reason. It's English, innit. English isn't foreign, can't be. It's a well known fact that Jesus spoke English.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

spot;1476681 wrote: Stands to reason. It's English, innit. English isn't foreign, can't be. It's a well known fact that Jesus spoke English.
I stand humbly corrected.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

And as we English know, everyone in the word understands English perfectly well - if they want to. All you need to do is to shout very slowly at them.

However, English is far from a pure language. It is probably about the most Mongrel language in the world - apart from American English - much of which originates from the illiteracy of the early settlers.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

FourPart;1476696 wrote: ..... English is far from a pure language. It is probably about the most Mongrel language in the world - apart from American English - much of which originates from the illiteracy of the early settlers.

Return to “Health and Drug Concerns”