Anemia

User avatar
jennyswan
Posts: 1781
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:33 pm

Anemia

Post by jennyswan »

I've been dealing with this for years and in Germany the doc used to give my IV injections that were super. They're not allowed to give them here in Ireland and they give you this awful one into the upper butt muscle :) and it hurt like hell and I was bruised for months so I never went back for any more of them.
User avatar
Chezzie
Posts: 14615
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:41 am

Anemia

Post by Chezzie »

Yes AE, used to cause me to faint too, after my first child I was so anemic they gave me two blood transfusions and now im unable to give blood.

I have a rare blood group.......Rhesus negative AB which can be fatal to babies during child birth as people who are RhD-positive have a protein on their red blood cells called D antigen, RhD-negative people do not have this. If you are RhD-negative and are carrying a RhD-positive baby, there is a risk that if yours and the baby's blood mix (which could happen during pregnancy or the birth) your immune system will produce antibodies against your baby's blood, which will cause anaemia and other problems in this baby or in future pregnancies. Babies years ago were sometimes called blue babies and often died. My two girls dont have my blood group and after my first I had 6 anti D injections, the highest the hospital had ever administered, after my second I had 4, I lost my third child...

Anemia treated by iron tablets will take forever to make you feel right, make sure you help it along by eating iron riched foods like liver, lean red meats, including beef, pork, lamb, seafood, such as oysters, clams, tuna, salmon, and shrimp, etc. beans, including kidney, lima, navy, black, pinto, soy beans, and lentils iron fortified whole grains, including cereals, breads, rice, and pasta. greens, including collard greens, kale, mustard greens, spinach, and turnip greens. tofu.

vegetables, including broccoli, swiss chard, asparagus, parsley, watercress, brussel sprouts and chicken and turkey, blackstrap molasses, nuts, egg yolks , dried fruits, such as raisins, prunes, dates and apricots
User avatar
jennyswan
Posts: 1781
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:33 pm

Anemia

Post by jennyswan »

AngelEyes82;819417 wrote: It sucks..

I think I am just gonna give in and have a hysterectomy.

I don't want to cause I want kids but I don't want to deal with this anymore.


I've been bleeding for months and months without any break and it takes ages here to get anything done. The doc just gave me loads of hormones which I won't take. They make me sooo emotional. I've already had a polyp removed once.
User avatar
kazalala
Posts: 13036
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:00 am

Anemia

Post by kazalala »

Chezzie;819429 wrote: Yes AE, used to cause me to faint too, after my first child I was so anemic they gave me two blood transfusions and now im unable to give blood.

I have a rare blood group.......Rhesus negative AB which can be fatal to babies during child birth as people who are RhD-positive have a protein on their red blood cells called D antigen, RhD-negative people do not have this. If you are RhD-negative and are carrying a RhD-positive baby, there is a risk that if yours and the baby's blood mix (which could happen during pregnancy or the birth) your immune system will produce antibodies against your baby's blood, which will cause anaemia and other problems in this baby or in future pregnancies. Babies years ago were sometimes called blue babies and often died. My two girls dont have my blood group and after my first I had 6 anti D injections, the highest the hospital had ever administered, after my second I had 4, I lost my third child...

Anemia treated by iron tablets will take forever to make you feel right, make sure you help it along by eating iron riched foods like liver, lean red meats, including beef, pork, lamb, seafood, such as oysters, clams, tuna, salmon, and shrimp, etc. beans, including kidney, lima, navy, black, pinto, soy beans, and lentils iron fortified whole grains, including cereals, breads, rice, and pasta. greens, including collard greens, kale, mustard greens, spinach, and turnip greens. tofu.

vegetables, including broccoli, swiss chard, asparagus, parsley, watercress, brussel sprouts and chicken and turkey, blackstrap molasses, nuts, egg yolks , dried fruits, such as raisins, prunes, dates and apricots


Im Rhesus negative O Chez,,, one of the good things about it is if i give blood,, my blood can be given to anyone in an emergency,, if they dont know their blood type i mean. But it can also cause problems with childbirth too, and i had to have anti D injections after giving birth:rolleyes:

Funnily i was quite anemic when i was preggers,, also had very low blood pressure too. I had to take iron tablets which made me constipated, so i had to eat 2 shredded whaet every single day for breakfast,,, it was the only thing that worked:wah:




FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
User avatar
Chezzie
Posts: 14615
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:41 am

Anemia

Post by Chezzie »

kazalala;819484 wrote: Im Rhesus negative O Chez,,, one of the good things about it is if i give blood,, my blood can be given to anyone in an emergency,, if they dont know their blood type i mean. But it can also cause problems with childbirth too, and i had to have anti D injections after giving birth:rolleyes:

Funnily i was quite anemic when i was preggers,, also had very low blood pressure too. I had to take iron tablets which made me constipated, so i had to eat 2 shredded whaet every single day for breakfast,,, it was the only thing that worked:wah:


Now I know we were seperated at birth lol......I also had low blood pressure:wah:
User avatar
kazalala
Posts: 13036
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:00 am

Anemia

Post by kazalala »

Chezzie;819489 wrote: Now I know we were seperated at birth lol......I also had low blood pressure:wah:


:-2spooky:-3:wah:




FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Health and Drug Concerns”