Mobile Phones can damage your health

capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

No Parent should give a moble phone to a child under ten and mobile phone masts should be sited away from schools.

A British report linked heavy use to ear tumours and concluded that risks had been underestimated by most scientists.

Professor Sir William Stewart, chairman of Britain's Radiological Protection Board, said evidence of potentially harmful effects has become more persuasive over the last five years, this would have more effect on the young.Possibly the best reason for giving mobile phones to the young is security. They are a useful tool and a comfort for both parents and children.

But children under ten years should be constantly supervised.
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

capt_buzzard wrote: No Parent should give a moble phone to a child under ten and mobile phone masts should be sited away from schools.

A British report linked heavy use to ear tumours and concluded that risks had been underestimated by most scientists.

Professor Sir William Stewart, chairman of Britain's Radiological Protection Board, said evidence of potentially harmful effects has become more persuasive over the last five years, this would have more effect on the young.Possibly the best reason for giving mobile phones to the young is security. They are a useful tool and a comfort for both parents and children.

But children under ten years should be constantly supervised.

Capt_buzzard,

Absolutely. Here is the link I saw this morning. I'm sick and tired of techno-pundits and the cellular industry denying that there are any problems with a microwave RF radiating device close to one's head.

Let's put this into perspective and look at the real pioneers of RF technology - The Amateur Radio Community.

Beginning in 1998, Amateur Radio operators had to make sure that their stations were compliant with the FCC’s RF exposure guidelines. These regulations control the amount of RF exposure to people that can result from your station's operation. They also require that certain types of stations be evaluated to determine if they are in compliance with the rules. The FCC has also required that five questions on the general topic of RF environmental safety practices be added to Novice, Technician and General Class examinations.

New web tools were put into place to help amateurs find out whether or not they were in compliance. As all hams know, the danger of RF radiation close to one's operating position is particularly dangerous. UHF and Microwave RF is considered to pack an even greater evil punch.

Why then, has the cellular industry denied any rf exposure problems? Using the tool listed above, you can see for yourself that talking with a cell phone on your ear is nowhere near being compliant with FCC rules. (Try 865 Mhz through 1600 Mhz - @ .5 watts)

I feel like I'm flashing back to the 1950's and 1960's during the smoking debate. What!? Smoking is bad for you? Nawww! Even my doctor recommends smoking!
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
Erinna1112

Post by Erinna1112 »

No child under ten should have a cell phone? This is a problem? Of course a child this young shouldn't have it - totally aside from the health issues (which I agree are important).

Why on earth would a child of ten need a cell phone? What is this child doing that he needs to be that accessible? And WHY is he doing it without his parents???

My child will not get a cell phone until he gets his own. If he has a job and an income, and is covering his other expenses (saving, car & insurance, etc.) and he wants one, swell. I won't co-sign on it, but if he can afford it, dandy. But NOT BEFORE.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~Ayn Rand

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

A*M*E*N!
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Erinna1112 wrote: No child under ten should have a cell phone? This is a problem? Of course a child this young shouldn't have it - totally aside from the health issues (which I agree are important).

Why on earth would a child of ten need a cell phone? What is this child doing that he needs to be that accessible? And WHY is he doing it without his parents???

My child will not get a cell phone until he gets his own. If he has a job and an income, and is covering his other expenses (saving, car & insurance, etc.) and he wants one, swell. I won't co-sign on it, but if he can afford it, dandy. But NOT BEFORE. Unfortunetly here in the British Isles, most kids under 14 have them already. Got them from Santa
abbey

Post by abbey »

Its gotta be the no1 must haves for youngsters, it must put tremendous pressure on the parents as to wether to buy one or not.

The other big problem is kids getting "mugged" for the latest mobile phone, one got mugged last week on my street for his phone, no doubt his parents went & replaced it with an even better one. :-5

I have to admit to having two cell phones & believe it or not i'm very consious of the damage that it could cause to my health, thankfuly i dont have kids so i dont have the problems that face most parents.

As for the masts that the phone companys erect, there are two very near to a local school, i'm amazed that they got planning permission to site them but of course the weight and greed of the local authority outweighed any concerns of the local residents and parents.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

abbey wrote: Its gotta be the no1 must haves for youngsters, it must put tremendous pressure on the parents as to wether to buy one or not.

The other big problem is kids getting "mugged" for the latest mobile phone, one got mugged last week on my street for his phone, no doubt his parents went & replaced it with an even better one. :-5

I have to admit to having two cell phones & believe it or not i'm very consious of the damage that it could cause to my health, thankfuly i dont have kids so i dont have the problems that face most parents.

As for the masts that the phone companys erect, there are two very near to a local school, i'm amazed that they got planning permission to site them but of course the weight and greed of the local authority outweighed any concerns of the local residents and parents.
Where the Women Power in your area? Get out and have them removed.

Return to “Health and Drug Concerns”