cardio related concerns

catwoman_51

cardio related concerns

Post by catwoman_51 »

I'm not sure that I'm in the right place, but here goes.

I have some cardio problems that keep me on edge at times

and I wondered if there were anyone else in the same boat.

I have been on multiple medications but have stopped most of it.

I think one of my problems is that I'm a retired nurse and know

just enough to keep me a little scared. :o

Anybody want to talk??
:yh_coffee [QUOTE] You have all the love in the world, what are you gonna do with it?
Paula

cardio related concerns

Post by Paula »

i have started the gym, tried to reduce wine & butts, no medication though...I would think meds cause more harm than good, "if" one doesn't change their habits? You cannot reverse cardio problems but they can be prevented, hope its not too late? for myself too....i know what to do..
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
lady cop

cardio related concerns

Post by lady cop »

i had a myocardial infarction (heart attack) on Dec. 18. no warning, my first, and very frightening. (see thread 'ladycop get well' by Carla, bless her). had to call my own fire-rescue dept. 911. i had three stents placed into three coronary arteries via femoral artery. i never took any meds, now there's 7 bottles lined up on kitchen counter. i am still in shock over this. i could have been dead for Christmas. two nights before i had been doing my job, and even in a physical altercation with a male (which i won of course :D )....so now i am forced to take 6 weeks off work, i am constantly in fear of another attack, i hope to get over that, i don't want to live that way, and the least effort is exhausting...maybe someone here can tell me if that's to be expected? i was strong, healthy, a fighter, now feel debilitated and worried,weepy, overnight my entire identity wrecked. :confused: i hope someone here will share their experience, this is very very fresh to me, i am still covered in bruises and needle tracks and glue from leads, damn stuff won't come off. do you get over the exhaustion?? i have to go back to my work!! will life ever be the same?
CARLA

cardio related concerns

Post by CARLA »

:-4 Catwoman 51, Paula, LADYCOP,

Bless you all. I don't have any cardio problems.. Just a little high blood pressure, for which I take medication. As JACK SPRAT said, it's very important to not stop your medication ever without your doctors input. Blood pressure medication is a life saver, and can be contolled with it. Of course life changes will help as well.

Remember our bodies react to how we treat them, and our genetic makeup, and background. Most of our relatives and immediate family can be a source of knowledge as to what our futures hold for our HEALTH as we age.

:-4 LADYCOP, Please discuss what your feeling with your physician, medication can be adjusted constantly. Let him know what is happening. Sweetie you should be feeling exhausted, worn out, weepy, and without enengy.. They stuck three STENTS into your coranary arteries..!! EXHAUSTION IS NORMAL AT THIS POINT. But if its bothering you please call your physician..!! As I told you MY brother-in-law is a CARDIAC SURGERON WELL RESPECTED, If you have any questions I can alway consult with him. Like he always tells us listen to your body. WEBMD.COM is a great resource for any medical question.

LADIES YOUR WONDERFUL, AND HONEST...!! YOU DESERVE A HUGE PAT ON THE BACK FOR YOUR BRAVERY...!!
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

lady cop

cardio related concerns

Post by lady cop »

Carla, i wrote you a long email and my pc crashed, so i will call you....thanks again for all your support! i never had high blood pressure, low in fact. this is STRESS- STRESS - STRESS! which is why federal government deemed cardiac problems in fire-rescue and police to be work-related. i take your message to 'heart' :-4 , that this is normal and i'll get over it. i am not used to not being 'superwoman' and it is hard to accept. :-1
Paula

cardio related concerns

Post by Paula »

Carla you better be careful too? Lady-Cop you are on the computer through all this? WOW....i am at the age of: change or die...presently have a very bad chest cold, no more butts here! it is also cold here...
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
catwoman_51

cardio related concerns

Post by catwoman_51 »

Thanks everyone for adding to my post. I have had problems since I was 41.

First a light stroke and then surg. on the rt. carotid, followed by open heart

(2 bypasses) surg. and Lt carotid surg. on my 43rd birthday followed by a carotid

bypass (Rt) in 2000, & pacemaker implant March 2004.

Ladycop, you are perfectly normal. Being tearful, weak, shakey, etc. I went thru all these things and still do at times. As far as the fear of another attack, you will have to ask someone besides me. You forget for sometimes, then it pops up & smacks you in the face again, so I guess I'm not over it yet.

Iam a nurse, so I know just enough to worry far too much. It's good to know I am not alone.

I'm sure you will regain your "superwoman" strength soon!!
:yh_coffee [QUOTE] You have all the love in the world, what are you gonna do with it?
lady cop

cardio related concerns

Post by lady cop »

Hello Catwoman, and thank YOU for your good wishes as well. i am feeling much stronger and no longer grasping the nitro bottle at every twinge....been lucky so far, only needed the nitro once. i have a lot to look forward to in the week coming up, and intend to enjoy it without worrying, or making him worry. you have been through quite a lot, you must be very strong as well! :) best wishes for a healthy new year!
CARLA

cardio related concerns

Post by CARLA »

Marsue3417,

You are so young, I hope that after your surgery, your life will be totally different than anything you have experienced so far. :-6

A new HEART, new life, energy, and the ability to enjoy the things you can't now.

You are a brave young women. Keep your positive attitude, and I'm sure you will come through with flying colors. :-4

Are you on a transplant list ??? where are you being treated..?? if you don't mind me asking..!! :confused:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

weeder

cardio related concerns

Post by weeder »

catwoman_51 wrote: I'm not sure that I'm in the right place, but here goes.

I have some cardio problems that keep me on edge at times

and I wondered if there were anyone else in the same boat.

I have been on multiple medications but have stopped most of it.

I think one of my problems is that I'm a retired nurse and know

just enough to keep me a little scared. :o

Anybody want to talk??
I will be 53 in a few weeks..... Have been very very lucky with health. Always very active. Weight was never a concern until the past few years. I now have that middle fat, which they are forever talking about. I am ashamed to say I smoke like a fiend. Lady cops incident has gotten me thinking and kind of frightened. I know

that I could have an incident out of the blue. I have developed a very strange problem. Of course I continue to diagnose myself.. because of fear.

Excruciating pain in my feet and ankles. Sometimes almost unbearable, and it is the worst in the morning when I get up. Any clue what this could be? Ive thought of everything. Poor circulation? Nerve damage?
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
weeder

cardio related concerns

Post by weeder »

lady cop wrote: i had a myocardial infarction (heart attack) on Dec. 18. no warning, my first, and very frightening. (see thread 'ladycop get well' by Carla, bless her). had to call my own fire-rescue dept. 911. i had three stents placed into three coronary arteries via femoral artery. i never took any meds, now there's 7 bottles lined up on kitchen counter. i am still in shock over this. i could have been dead for Christmas. two nights before i had been doing my job, and even in a physical altercation with a male (which i won of course :D )....so now i am forced to take 6 weeks off work, i am constantly in fear of another attack, i hope to get over that, i don't want to live that way, and the least effort is exhausting...maybe someone here can tell me if that's to be expected? i was strong, healthy, a fighter, now feel debilitated and worried,weepy, overnight my entire identity wrecked. :confused: i hope someone here will share their experience, this is very very fresh to me, i am still covered in bruises and needle tracks and glue from leads, damn stuff won't come off. do you get over the exhaustion?? i have to go back to my work!! will life ever be the same?
I am so sorry for your experience. Youve gotten me thinking about my health. I wanted to tell you that my mom and my boyfriend (years ago) went through the same situation and procedures as you. All of the things you are feeling, they went through also. The exhaustion, the worry and the fear. You have been through an incredible trauma. Your body and your mind. It is especially difficult for people who are tough, strong fighters. Mom and Larry are both fine. It takes time. Try to look at it as a forced rest.. because it sounds like rest is something you would never indulge in. (like myself.) A chance to recharge your batterie. Your world will be changed, but better. You will come back from this episode a different person, but maybe better. Dont be frightened by the confusion, it is totally normal

who wouldnt be confused after an ordeal like this? You will be fine and back Out there where you love to be. Best Wishes Weeder
weeder

cardio related concerns

Post by weeder »

Marsue3417 wrote: Do you stand up on your feet a lot?

If so you may have what I have. It is called Plantar Fasciitis.

It means inflammation of the tissue connected to the bone in your feet. Try taking a tennis ball to your heals and the arches of your feet in the mourning. Every mourning until your feet don't hurt anymore when you wake up. I have had the same problem for about a year and half now and am looking at seeing a pediatrist. However when you try to message your feet it will hurt to do so, but in order to relax that tissue you have to use your WHOLE WEIGHT on your feet. I mean seriously dig in hard with that tennis ball. If you don't have a tennis ball try doing it on the steps with just socks on or if you can go barefoot. Its gonna hurt while you do it . Trust me it will feel so much better after you have done it. Need more information please contact me, or your doctor.

Marsue3417Thank You.. I do stand a lot 12 or 14 hours a day. But I always have. Your right the massages hurt but they feel great. I always feel better for a while afterward. The tennis ball is a great idea. I am alway looking for something to press them on. You know I wanted to write to you, but I was avoiding it because I didnt know what to say.. I have never known someone so young with such serious health problems. I cant imagine such worry. It makes me feel guilty for all of the things Ive carried on about in my life that really are so trivial. Imagine me complaining about my feet to you. I truly feel embarassed.

I think its incredible that you are communicating on the computer with people. Thats great. I have a funny feeling about you....... I feel you have some wisdom

about life that is far beyond your years.. A wonderful contribution for all of us.

God Bless you Marsue. ( Taht is something I do not often say) Reserved for special moments. Weeder
weeder

cardio related concerns

Post by weeder »

Marsue... THANK YOU THANK YOU I just looked uo Plantar Fascitis on the web.

Thats It!!!!!!!!! I thought I might have PAD poor circulation in the legs. Had me really scared. I cannot tell you how you have helped me.

Return to “Health and Drug Concerns”