medication problem

lady cop

medication problem

Post by lady cop »

i know everyone reacts differently to meds. i never took meds before the last couple years. doctor recently put me on a new one that had dire consequences...i started falling. i fell at the store, i fell by my car, i fell on my concrete steps and was unconcious for 2 hours. i woke up bloody, cut up, bruised, and sustained a concussion and whiplash. was in awful pain. i have been in bed for a week, afraid to shower, wouldn't even think of driving. so 5 days ago i threw the meds in the trash and have not lost my balance since. (i did tell my doctor and he agreed). (he knows better than to argue with me anyway :D )...i am just starting to move around. i would NEVER recommend anyone gainsay their doctor, he certainly meant me no harm. but i am never taking another damn pill in my life.
Marie5656

medication problem

Post by Marie5656 »

Not a very happy sounding medication.

Hope you are feeling all better now.

Glad your doctor listened to you. Several years ago, I started a new med, and several days later starting having abdominal and chest pains. Called the Doc. and he said, No..not a side effect, that med does not do that. Well guess what..there is always a first time.

I am no longer on the med, needless to say. I simply told him I wanted something different.
AussiePam

medication problem

Post by AussiePam »

That is totally awful, LC. I'm emailing myself over to kick the **** outta that doc, immediately. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Where was his duty of care!!!!

Wish I really wasn't so far away. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

lady cop

medication problem

Post by lady cop »

that doctor saved my life 2 years ago. i have total faith in him. no, my neighbors didn't see me. i keep very much to myself because i have had professional dealings with them.
buttercup

medication problem

Post by buttercup »

My heart just skipped a beat when i seen that flashing blue light, oh my god welcome back hunni, sooooooooo good to see you, hugs you tight :-4
cherandbuster

medication problem

Post by cherandbuster »

lady cop;449683 wrote: but i am never taking another damn pill in my life.

LC my friend :)

Don't be rash

and please

Never say never :)

We want you around for a long, long time :-4
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

AussiePam

medication problem

Post by AussiePam »

Okay, I forgive the doc.. grin.. We're all going to try and look after you very well, aren't we, Ladies!!!!! :sneaky: You will be handcuffed to one of us at all times..

Which reminds me.. did anyone see the pic of Martha Stewart all dressed up for Halloween???/
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Clint

medication problem

Post by Clint »

I watched prescribed drugs destroy someone very close to me. The medical profession is hooked on the money they make for them. Not all doctors are guilty though. My Dr. won't prescribe if they are habit forming and that means she won’t do pain management. She says there are better ways to deal with pain than with narcotics. She does prescribe medication that deals with cause rather than symptoms.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
Peg

medication problem

Post by Peg »

I wish more doctors were like that Clint. The doctor has my husband on morphine pills. I really don't think it's a good idea to put a recovering drug addict of over 20 years on morphine. :( He was once on a steroid and was admitted to the hospital with chest pains. He told the doctor that the chest pains came only after taking the medication. The doctor argued that it would not cause chest pains. Finally, a wonderful nurse told him he had the right to refuse it. Every time they brought it in, he refused it and no more chest pains. Once he was finally released from the hospital, we switched doctors.

Return to “Health and Drug Concerns”