Health In Perspective

Lon

Health In Perspective

Post by Lon »

I played 18 holes of golf the other day with three guys that I had never played with before. Three of us walked as is the custom here in New Zealand. One guy had a motorized cart however. I asked him why the cart and he replied that he was New Zealand's oldest living lung transplant patient. 10 years prior he had both diseased lungs removed and had one replaced. He was given four years at the most to live. He was now 64 years of age. Later on, as we were getting close to finishing the round, I said I was looking forward to going into the bar and having a beer. The lung patient said, " I will have to pass on that, as I have to be off to my dialysis session". Dialysis I replied? He said "yes, I have kidney failure and go in for three 10 hour sessions each week". Thinking of something to say, I said, "well that gives you a chance to catch up on your reading". He said, "afraid not mate, I am blind in one eye and can barely see out of the other". All of a sudden my gimpy knees and back felt much better and I vowed to not mention either again when playing sports. BTW---this guys condition was veified by the other two players. He even shot a 89 for crying out loud. Incredible!!!!
LoveMama

Health In Perspective

Post by LoveMama »

Well God Bless him Lon. I'm almost 70 but in good health,. This golfer has a really good attitude, don't know if I could have the same!

Have two very good friends from New Zealand. They've live here in La Jolla, California (part of San Diego) for years but are planning to retire there. You know what they say, 'there's no place like home"

BTW......the airports are getting a bit testy. I don't government in the middle East is hiring old ladies ...................kinda dumb!

I'm trying to get over to France, ALSACE.........but don't know if I have the patience to wait for hours at any airport!

xxxxxxxxxoooooo

mama

Return to “Health and Drug Concerns”