Happy

Local Date
    11-21-2017
    Local Time
    08:50 PM
    Gifts Balloons Car Gift Naughty Mag Certificate Beer Beer

Re: Shot Dead, film man who upset Muslims

Quote Originally Posted by seekerw
    Why is it only Muslims who seem to murder those who upset them on religious matters? I never read of Christians, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, or members of any other religious group who make a habit of murder like this.
    Then you ought to widen your reading?

Do a search on Hindu honour killings (where, for example, close family members will kill young ladies for refusing an arranged marriage).

In terms of a religions history, the Muslims are about at the stage that the Christians were when we burnt witches and the Inquisition tortured people until they confessed to heresy

Whilst it is totally wrong and unacceptable behaviour, it is by no means confined to any one group.

Quote Originally Posted by charles_r51
    you are missing the point. intolerance in any form is a problem. religious intolerance has been nearly eliminated among all religions except among muslim. they choose to deny anyone the right to an opinion, just because they don't like it and will require that person be killed to prevent that opinion from being spoken out loud and promising to reward the murderer with glorious heavenly rewards for murder. there is no social or religious belief system which makes murder something to be rewarded except islam. they claim to be a peace-loving and gentle religion but are really just a group of murderous animals. the worst part is the fatwa, or religious decree, which can be utterred and enforced by anyone regardless of who it hurts. the muslim world lacks any morality at all and has absolutely nothing good to offer anyone, not even to themselves
    As to the first half of your reply - you must be joking.

As to the second half, that proves it.

If "religious intolerance has been nearly eliminated among all religions except among muslim" then what the hell do you think "they claim to be a peace-loving and gentle religion but are really just a group of murderous animals." is?
    Last edited by Bryn Mawr; 09-10-2006 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Reading further through the posts

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-21-2017
    Local Time
    03:50 PM

Cool Re: Shot Dead, film man who upset Muslims

Quote:
    Originally Posted by seekerw
    That's not what I said. I said that those who murder others who offend them for religious reasons seem to invariably end up to be Muslim. I didn't say what you inferred I said.

uh, i inferred nothing.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charles_r51 [NOT seekerw]
    they claim to be a peace-loving and gentle religion but are really just a group of murderous animals.

that's what you wrote. there's no mistaking it. is a generalization, and it's offensive by any measure.

Anastrophe,

I did not post that second part. It was originally posted by Charles, today at 9:11 AM. Somehow his quote was inadvertently edited so that it said it was posted by me. (NOTE: I changed it above, as indicated.)
    yes i wrote it. it may have been offensive to some, or even many, but one thing is sure- it was accurate.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-21-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Mawr
    Then you ought to widen your reading?

Do a search on Hindu honour killings (where, for example, close family members will kill young ladies for refusing an arranged marriage).

In terms of a religions history, the Muslims are about at the stage that the Christians were when we burnt witches and the Inquisition tortured people until they confessed to heresy

Whilst it is totally wrong and unacceptable behaviour, it is by no means confined to any one group.
    on that, you are quite correct. i wonder how many others are able to understand that intolerance is still a part of all religions, and not just one.

is .

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-21-2017
    Local Time

on that, you are quite correct. i wonder how many others are able to understand that intolerance is still a part of all religions, and not just one.
    Then why your statement that "religious intolerance has been nearly eliminated among all religions except among muslim"?

is .

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-21-2017
    Local Time

yes i wrote it. it may have been offensive to some, or even many, but one thing is sure- it was accurate.
    I deny the accuracy of "they claim to be a peace-loving and gentle religion but are really just a group of murderous animals." - that's just hate, not truth.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-21-2017
    Local Time

Then why your statement that "religious intolerance has been nearly eliminated among all religions except among muslim"?
    simple. intolerance has almost disappeared from most religions, but still exists in all. the muslim religion has not even come anywhere near becoming more tolerant of what others religious views are. others at least have come to accept that other religions have to be dealt with in a civil manner.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-21-2017
    Local Time

I deny the accuracy of "they claim to be a peace-loving and gentle religion but are really just a group of murderous animals." - that's just hate, not truth.
    i know what drives them, and it will get far worse before it will change. you may call it hate, i don't. they are being led down a deadly path and don't yet realize it. i do, and i feel sorrow that it has begun. were that it was not so, but it is.

nite all, i have to depart. until another day!

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-21-2017
    Local Time
    01:50 PM

Grr. Are all muslims evil people? No. Are all muslims misled? Possibly.
    That said, I am not offended by any of these remarks commenting on the misled and intolerant ways of muslims as a lot. I think it's great to be tolerant of another groups beliefs as long as they are not hurting people or animals in practicing their beliefs. (yes I said animals and that includes a whole lot of religions and I am aware of that) I get tired of the word hate being applied every time someone says something another deems intolerant. PC is not a good thing when it stops people from using their own minds and calling it as they see it. Call it a stereotype if you want but it doesn't warrant the hate label. All that does is cheapen the word and concept of hate so it means less to us when we really see it. I am not impressed with the muslim religion as a whole. I'm not impressed with certain other religions as a whole either, so this isn't a diatribe against muslims. I happen to agree that the muslim concept overall does not seem to be one of peace, love and tolerance. Why do I feel this way? I must base it on what I have seen. The same as any reasonable person does. SHOW me I am mistaken. If I see I am mistaken, I will change my opinion. But don't just tell me I am spouting hate and ignorance because you're PC and that's the acceptable way to think. Show me I'm wrong.

I agree that there are many peaceful muslims. But to deny obvious facts about their practices (or any religion's practices) when it is in our collective face is foolish and wrong.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-21-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by RedGlitter
    Grr. Are all muslims evil people? No. Are all muslims misled? Possibly.
    That said, I am not offended by any of these remarks commenting on the misled and intolerant ways of muslims as a lot. I think it's great to be tolerant of another groups beliefs as long as they are not hurting people or animals in practicing their beliefs. (yes I said animals and that includes a whole lot of religions and I am aware of that) I get tired of the word hate being applied every time someone says something another deems intolerant. PC is not a good thing when it stops people from using their own minds and calling it as they see it. Call it a stereotype if you want but it doesn't warrant the hate label. All that does is cheapen the word and concept of hate so it means less to us when we really see it. I am not impressed with the muslim religion as a whole. I'm not impressed with certain other religions as a whole either, so this isn't a diatribe against muslims. I happen to agree that the muslim concept overall does not seem to be one of peace, love and tolerance. Why do I feel this way? I must base it on what I have seen. The same as any reasonable person does. SHOW me I am mistaken. If I see I am mistaken, I will change my opinion. But don't just tell me I am spouting hate and ignorance because you're PC and that's the acceptable way to think. Show me I'm wrong.

I agree that there are many peaceful muslims. But to deny obvious facts about their practices (or any religion's practices) when it is in our collective face is foolish and wrong.
    well said.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-21-2017
    Local Time
    04:50 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    Why is it only Muslims who seem to murder those who upset them on religious matters? I never read of Christians, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, or members of any other religious group who make a habit of murder like this.
    Eric Robert Rudolph blew up abortion clinics and gay bars in the name of religion. And I do believe some of those innocent people died.

edited to add: and he WASNT a MUSLIM!

HBIC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast